Wed | May 20, 2026

Father cries at first glimpse of stolen baby Sae'breon

Published:Friday | February 8, 2019 | 12:00 AM
Sinclair Hutton, Suzett Whyte and their son, Rudean, in awe as Rosalee Gage-Grey of the Child Protection and Family Services Agency hands over baby Sae'breon to them at the Denham Town Police Station in Kingston - Ricardo Makyn photos.

Sinclair Hutton could not hold back the tears this morning when he saw his newborn son for the first time ever.

Hutton, his common-law wife Suzett Whyte, their seven-year-old son Rudean and other family members had earlier arrived at the Denham Town Police Station to receive baby Sae'breon who was stolen from the Victoria Jubilee Hospital on January 9.

The baby was found on Tuesday after a woman attempted to register him at the Registrar General's Department in St Catherine.

It was pure delight when CEO of the Child Protection and Family Services Agency Rosealee Gage-Grey and her team arrived at the Denham Town station with the baby.

Tears would stream down Hutton's face as baby Sae'breon was taken into the conference room, and when the child was handed to him, the joy was intense.

"It's my first time holding my son and I feel so good after all these sleepless nights," Hutton said.

Whyte was equally overjoyed.

 

"I have my baby now so nothing else don't matter to me," she said.

 

Whyte also said she had no ill feeling towards the suspect who now in custody for abducting her child.

We want to hear from you! Send us a message on WhatsApp at 1-876-499-0169, email us at editors@gleanerjm.com or onlinefeedback@gleanerjm.com.