Son to undertake military service during EPL suspension
Published:Tuesday | April 7, 2020 | 12:08 AM
LONDON (AP):
Tottenham forward Heung-min Son will undertake mandatory military service in his native South Korea while the English Premier League is suspended indefinitely because of the coronavirus outbreak, the club said yesterday.
Son will begin military service this month, Tottenham said, and return to London in May.
Son is in quarantine in South Korea after returning to his home country while he recovered from a broken arm he sustained during a league game against Aston Villa on February 16.
The Premier League said last week that play would not be able to resume by the start of May amid the pandemic and that the season would restart only when it is “safe and appropriate to do so”.

