Flights into Trinidad's Piarco International Airport resume following fire
PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad, CMC – The Airports Authority of Trinidad and Tobago (AATT) Friday said that flights into Piarco International Airport had resumed after the runway had been closed for several hours due to a fire at the Amerijet warehouse facility at the south terminal.
The cause of the fire has not been disclosed.
In a brief statement, the AATT said that “airport operations have resumed” and that it had “previously advised passengers that they should liaise with their airlines since flights may be delayed as a result of the runway closure”.
The AATT had in an earlier statement said “the fire is now under control” and that flight operations will resume as soon as there is clearance from the Trinidad and Tobago Fire Service and the Trinidad and Tobago Civil Aviation Authority.
The AATT did not indicate how many flights were affected by the suspension of operations at the airport.
Follow The Gleaner on X and Instagram @JamaicaGleaner and on Facebook @GleanerJamaica. Send us a message on WhatsApp at 1-876-499-0169 or email us at onlinefeedback@gleanerjm.com or editors@gleanerjm.com.

