Thu | May 21, 2026

Cops say progress in Mother's Day shooting case

Published:Tuesday | May 14, 2013 | 12:00 AM
Bystanders comfort a shooting victim while awaiting emergency medical service at the intersection of Frenchmen and N. Villere streets after authorities say gunfire injured at least a dozen people, including a child, at a Mother's Day second-line parade in New Orleans on Sunday. No deaths were reported. - AP

NEW ORLEANS (AP):

The head of the New Orleans Police Department says investigators have made significant progress in their investigation of a Mother's Day shooting that wounded 19 people.

Police Superintendent Ronal Serpas said at a news conference yesterday that information began flowing into the police department after a $10,000 reward was announced Sunday night. The shooting earlier in the day shattered the festive atmosphere at a neighbourhood parade.

No arrests have been made, and police are working to figure out if the shootings were the work of a lone gunman or more than one. Investigators initially said three suspects were seen fleeing.

Serpas implored the public to continue to turn over information.