Castro prepared for US talks
Published:Saturday | July 28, 2012 | 6:51 PM
Cuban President Raul Castro says he is prepared to hold talks with the United States on the condition that it is done on equal terms.
Speaking at the annual Revolution Day ceremony in Cuba yesterday Castro said the offer has already been made through diplomatic channels.
He says no topics are off limits as he was prepared to discuss issues such as democracy and human rights.
Reacting to the arrest of a group of dissidents attending the funeral of Cuban activist Oswaldo Paya last week, the US said it was a clear demonstration of the climate of repression in Cuba.
editorial@gleanerjm.com
