BP faces temporary ban
Published:Wednesday | November 28, 2012 | 4:28 PM
British petroleum (BP), has been temporarily suspended from new contracts with the US government.
While it is unclear how long the ban will last, it follows BP's record fine earlier this month over the 2010 oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
The Environmental Protection Agency says it is taking action for BP’s lack of business integrity over the handling of the blowout.
However in its defence, BP said it had spent $14 billion on its response to the spill.
The Environmental Protection Agency and BP both say the temporary ban would not affect existing agreements between BP and the US.
Like our new Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/gleanerjamaica
Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/JamaicaGleaner
radio@gleanerjm.com
