Hillary Clinton hospitalised
(AP) — US Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton remained under observation Monday at a New York City hospital, after being treated for a blood clot related to the concussion she sustained earlier this month.
Spokesman, Philippe Reines said Clinton's doctors discovered the clot Sunday while performing a follow-up exam.
He would not elaborate on the location of the clot but said Clinton was being treated with anti-coagulants and would remain at New York-Presbyterian Hospital for at least the next 48 hours so doctors can monitor the medication.
Reines “her doctors will continue to assess her condition, including other issues associated with her concussion”.
Clinton, 65, fell and suffered a concussion while at home alone in mid-December, as she recovered from a stomach virus that left her severely dehydrated.
The concussion was diagnosed on December 13, and Clinton was forced to cancel a trip to North Africa and the Middle East that had been planned for the next week.
The former first lady and senator, who had planned to step down as America's top diplomat in January, is known for her grueling travel schedule. She is the most traveled secretary of state in history, having visited 112 countries while in the job.
Last Thursday, before the discovery of the blood clot, Reines said Clinton was expected to return to work this week.
Like our new Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/gleanerjamaica
Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/JamaicaGleaner
editorial@gleanerjm.com
